Municipal Police of Liberec
Welcome to the Municipal Police of Liberec website
Basic information is provided here in your language. Other items in the Czech version can be translated into your language by most browsers (choose translation by right-clicking on the text).Employees at the Municipal Information Centre (Městské informační centrum) can provide you with tourist information over the telephone.
About the Municipal Police of Liberec
The Municipal Police of Liberec is a municipal body which deals with local matters of public order.
• Helps protect and safeguard people and property;
• Supervises adherence to generally-binding decrees and regulations;
• Supervises the safety and fluidity of traffic on roads within its remit;
• Takes part in observing legal regulations regarding the protection of public order;
• Takes part in preventing crime in the municipality;
• Supervises the observance of cleanliness and tidiness in public areas;
• Detects offences and other administrative infractions that fall under the powers of the municipality.
N.B. The Police of the Czech Republic are also active in Liberec and have broader powers (e.g. to investigate crimes), nationwide scope of activity and are not answerable to the municipality, but to the Ministry of the Interior.
PHOTO – Municipal Police of Liberec patrol
I found a ticket from the Municipal Police on my car windscreen
This is probably Notice of the Suspicion of Committing an Offence.
You must deal with this matter within 5 work days of the date of notice. Please go to the Offences Department (přestupkové oddělení) at the Municipal Police of Liberec during office hours:
• Monday and Wednesday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Tuesday and Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Friday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
N.B. – the Offences Department is closed every last Friday in the month, when they have a sanitary day.
I don’t know where I am
The names of streets on the sides of buildings can help you get your bearings. When talking to an operator, you can also mention the number on the plate on the closest lamp post.
My car has been clamped
You are probably suspected of having violated traffic regulations. Call 156, tell the operator your location and await the arrival of a traffic patrol.
I feel threatened – I have witnessed an infraction
Call 156, tell the operator your location and await the arrival of a patrol. You can also call the Police of the Czech Republic on 158 or speak to operators that speak a different language by calling the European emergency line on 112.
I have been robbed (attacked)
This is a criminal offence and as such falls under the remit of the Police of the Czech Republic. Contact them by calling 158. If you still feel threatened, you can also call a Municipal Police patrol on 156 to provide you with a feeling of safety. You can also speak to operators that speak a different language by calling the European emergency line on 112.
• 156 Municipal Police of Liberec emergency number
• +420488 578 112 Traffic Offences Department
• 112 European emergency number
• 158 Police of the Czech Republic
• 155 Ambulance service
• 150 Fire rescue service
• +420 485 101 709, +420 485 243 588 Municipal Information Centre Liberec